Wednesday 17 March 2010

Easter Fiascos

It's a small gesture for 2 young children who havent started their new nurseries or schools yet, but M & M rated me as "the bestest mummy in the stars"... a high rating by my own standards!

Yes, they were fiddly. Yes, they were messy. And yes, they sent the girls on a frenzy of chocolate induced hyperness... but it was so worth it. The look of delight and eagerness on their faces as the two sides of the bunny popped out of the mould and mummy glued them together with what can only be described as fumbling-fingers, will be forever embedded in my memory bank.

A cheap, productive, and relatively easy Easter activity that pefecty followed our Easter Bonnet making fiasco yesterday. I have to say that the hats looked more like Indian feathered headresses than Easter bonnets, but did they care? Of course not! Did the hats survive the day? Of course not! Did they have endless fun with their imagination? Most definately!

And the scavenger hunt on Monday went down a treat as well... I drew up a list of things that she knew the girls could find in the garden; bugs, leaves, petals etc. Armed with the list, wellie boots, juice, and a ball we set off down the hideous three flights of stairs ready to hunt. Okay, so it ony lasted about twenty minutes, but the sun was shining, and the girls soon began to amuse themselves and even dug me up a daffodil which has just started to open this morning! It didnt cost me a penny, I had some time to relax with the warm spring sun hitting my face, and yes there was mud and soil squiged into their clothes but who cares! It was perfect and full of laughing and smiling, and intrigue.

I have proved to myself, again, that your children don't need to be at school every day and you don't need to have a ton of money to have fun and learn with them. You just need an imagination and some motivation :) x

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ellieeeeeeee

    Loved your blog, now i know what one is!! I thought it was a toilet blockage hahaha!!!!

    So glad its all working out, sounds like you have started all over again! Thats such a hard thing to do, especially with Molly and Mia too. With all the problems to overcome you have done it, that takes stamina, a lot of wine and prozac lol!! Its good to have hard times though as you appreciate things so much when it all comes good and its going that way for you now xxx

    Love
    Mou

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey my baby

    That was awesome, the girls must have the bestest mummy in the stars:-)

    You are doing so well and things will only get better my angel. love you loads give the girls a big kiss from me...hopefully I will see you end of April when I go to see my nephew:-D

    Lids xxxx

    ReplyDelete